Prepare the ham as per instructions
- 1 lb of carrots, peeled and cut into ¼ inch thick rounds. – I used three
- 1 tablespoon of butter.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup.
- 1 orange (the juice) – splash of oj
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar.
- 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Place the carrots in a shallow saucepan, and cover with salted water. Boil until crisp-tender, about 5 to 8 minutes. Drain well.
- Heat a skillet, reduce heat to medium and add the butter and olive oil. Then the carrots.
- Add the maple syrup and the orange juice. Stir.
- Sprinkle with the cinnamon, black pepper and sugar, stir again.
- Cook until the juices are reduced to a glaze.